Air purifiers can be a great way to freshen up stale air and reduce the chances of health problems caused by indoor pollutants. These pollutants can trigger respiratory infections, neurological problems, or aggravate symptoms in patients with asthma. Quality air purifiers with HEPA filters are capable of treating 99.97% of air pollutants with a size of 0.3 microns, making them useful in controlling environmental triggers for allergy sufferers. Pet dander is another major trigger for many people with asthma and allergies, and HEPA filters can remove dust particles that are 5 microns or less in size, as well as pet dander that is around 2.5 microns in size.
HEPA filters can even eliminate viruses, as proven by a study published in Clinical Infectious Diseases (opens in new tab). An air purifier with a HEPA filter is considered the gold standard for air filtration. Here are six of the main benefits that HEPA air purifiers can have on our health:
- Reducing PM2.5 Intake by Using Air Purifiers and HEPA Masks Can Dramatically Reduce Chances of Getting Diabetes.
- Lowering PM2.5 Levels Can Help Lower Blood Pressure to Healthier Levels.
- HEPA Filters Can Increase Productivity and Reduce Sick Days in the Workplace.
- CDC Research Shows HEPA Filters Reduced Spread of COVID-19 in Schools.
- HEPA Filters Help Reduce Inflammation Markers in the Body.
- Air Purifiers Help Improve Indoor Air Quality by Eliminating or Reducing Pollutants and Allergens.
Ozone air purifiers will have what is stated on the package or in the marketing descriptions. Air purifiers also relieve stress by removing toxins in the air and increasing stress levels, which helps reduce diseases such as asthma or other respiratory problems caused by low-quality air with odors and allergens around it. Smart Air is a social enterprise that creates simple and sensible air purifiers and provides free education to protect people's health from the effects of air pollution.